Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ray and Nancy Stanis



This picture of Nancy and me was taken last month.

Thanks,

Ray (Bud) Stanis

Steve,

During mass at our 1999 reunion, Tim Hull nailed it when he said that our daily schedule of prayer, work and play taught us how to have a healthy balance in life. That equilibrium has certainly been a key factor in my life.

I was aware from a very young age that difficult situations or getting into trouble didn't bother me. That trait was both a strength and a weakness as a kid. Maryknoll, the faculty, Brothers and especially my fellow students helped develop that trait into a strong and positive component of my character. I matured with the help of people at Maryknoll who had successfully made that passage into adulthood and friends who had a much clearer insight on how to achieve that goal.

Like others, I have been very blessed. Nancy and I are celebrating our fortieth year of marriage. We have three strong, beautiful children and four, fifth due in early September, grandchildren. I still love to work; tool and die business is slow but so far we're okay. I ride my bicycle as hard and as often as I can.

So, that's it; Maryknoll, all of you guys, thanks.

Bud Stanis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell your classmates what you think.